School History


Lourdes High School (LHS) continues a long tradition of providing high-quality Catholic education that first began in Rochester with the Sisters of Saint Francis in 1877. Their Franciscan heritage, passed along from one generation of educators to another, emphasizes respect of all persons as brothers and sisters in Christ, as well as stewardship for all of God’s creation. At Lourdes High School we strive to witness our Franciscan charism as we seek to animate the words of Saint Francis of Assisi himself - "Preach the Gospel always and use words when necessary.”

Over the years, Lourdes High School has experienced numerous changes on account of God's abundant blessings coupled with the vision and talents of a dedicated school community. This excitement of continued growth was most recently expressed as we moved into our new educational facility in June of 2013. Our new state of the art home is 70% larger than our previous campus and finds itself resting on more than 24 beautiful acres of green space located in the northwest quadrant of Rochester, MN, a thriving community poised for exponential growth over the next 20 years.

Click here to view a timeline of Lourdes High School's history.